Free Body Mass Index (BMI) Check • Read Kyle's Story • Read Deanna's Story
What is obesity?
Obsity is a disease of excess fat storage with a number of associated diseases, known as co-morbidities.
It is also…
- Multi-factorial (many different factors can cause obesity)
- Potentially life-threatening
Morbid obesity is considered to be clinically severe, and is defined as:
- >200% of ideal weight or >100 lb overweight
- Body Mass Index (BMI) equal to or greater than 40
- BMI between 35-39 with one or more severe co-morbid conditions such as these listed below
According to the National Institute of Health – Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.